Varithena®: Vein Treatment Solution
Varithena® is FDA approved, non-surgical treatment of varicose veins.
How does Varithena® work?
How long does it take to see results?
If you’re considering Varithena® as a treatment option for varicose veins, you may be wondering how long it takes to see results. While individual experiences can vary, many patients notice an improvement in their symptoms within a few weeks of receiving the treatment.
After your Varithena® procedure, you may experience some mild discomfort or swelling, but these symptoms should subside within a few days. Over time, the treated veins will begin to collapse and be absorbed by the body. This process can take several weeks to months, depending on the extent of your condition.
Is Varithena® safe and effective?
It’s important to note that while Varithena® can provide significant relief from varicose veins, it is not a permanent solution.
Overall, Varithena® is a safe and effective option for those looking to alleviate the symptoms of varicose veins. If you’re considering Varithena® as a treatment option, be sure to discuss your expectations and any questions you may have with us.
What to know before your Procedure:
Before undergoing a Varithena® procedure for varicose veins, there are some things you should be aware of to ensure the best possible outcome:
- Allergies: You should inform us if you are allergic to polidocanol or any other medications.
- Medications: You may need to adjust certain medications prior to the procedure. We will advise you on which medications to avoid or adjust, such as blood thinners.
- Medical history: Be sure to inform us of your medical history, including any past surgeries, chronic conditions, or illnesses.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Varithena® treatment is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, as the effects on a developing fetus or infant are not fully known.
- Compression stockings: You may need to wear compression stockings before and after the procedure to help with blood flow and healing.
- Procedure details: We will explain the details of the Varithena® procedure to you, including what to expect during and after the varithena® treatment.